Monday, August 21, 2017

Tasty Tuesday Recipe: California Benedict

Good morning!  I decided since I have been doing lunch and dinner recipes lately, it was time for breakfast!  I had this meal out at a delicious little local restaurant that has amazing food, and I was thinking of how simple it would be to make it at home.  I haven't made it yet, but I will definitely be trying it out! 

California Benedict
1 serving

Picture credit:  www.cakenknife.com  When I make it myself, I'll add my own picture.  :)

2 eggs
1 whole wheat English muffin
2 slices of tomato
spinach leaves
1/4 avocado
2 T Hollandaise sauce (see below)

Toast your English muffin.  While it is toasting, poach (or fry) the eggs.  Top each English muffin half with 1 slice of tomato.  Slice the avocado and divide evenly among the muffin halves.  Top each half with a poached egg, a few spinach leaves, and 1 T of Hollandaise sauce.  Top with a dash of pepper.  Serve with fruit and enjoy!

  • You can find the link for Healthy Hollandaise Sauce here.  There is also a different recipe in the Fixate cookbook, if you have that.
  • You can also put a slice of turkey bacon on each or split one piece between the two halves, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment