Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Quick and Easy Breakfast: Waffles with Yogurt and Berries

Good morning!  Breakfast can certainly be a challenging meal for a lot of people.  It's early, you don't feel like eating anything, or you just don't have time.  I used to hate eating breakfast!  I didn't skip it, but I would have to force myself to eat something.  Over time I've conditioned my body to be able to eat early in the morning so I can set the tone for the rest of my day with a delicious, nutritious meal. 

Here is a recipe from the Chalean Extreme nutrition guide.  This book is full of recipes (ya know, back when workout programs came with more than two recipes and "suggestions" for healthy foods) and I wish I had started using it earlier.  The program is challenging, but I really enjoy it and I wish I had gotten into it sooner!  Okay, without further ado...

Waffles with Yogurt and Berries

 Ingredients
2 whole wheat waffles
1/3 cup vanilla yogurt (I used Greek yogurt and added a little vanilla extract)
1 cup berries (I did 1/2 c each of blueberries and strawberries)
1 T walnuts, chopped
1 T maple syrup
 
Toast waffles, top with yogurt, berries, walnuts, and syrup.  Enjoy!

It doesn't get much simpler than that!  Here's what can you do if you want to prep ahead of time:  
-take waffles out of freezer the night before (if frozen) and put in an airtight container to defrost in the fridge overnight
-measure out berries, wash, slice, and push them in a container (I recommend doing this only if you're eating the berries the next morning.  If you're prepping for the whole week, don't wash or slice them until the night before.)
-measure out yogurt and put in container
-measure out walnuts, chop them, and put in container

1 comment: