Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Quick and Easy Lunch: Artichoke Tuna Salad

I remember there was a time that I never thought I would ever taste an artichoke.  Nope, not gonna do it.  Never.  Then I tasted one (not really sure how that happened, since I said I would never taste one, but anyway, it did)--delicious!  I love them!  The flavor goes perfectly with the olives in this dish.  You could easily double this recipe.

The recipe is from The Master's Hammer and Chisel nutrition guide.  There aren't many recipes in this book, but of what I've tried, everything is great!

Artichoke Tuna Salad
2 servings
The color on this looks funky.  It didn't look that drab when I ate it, I promise.
 Ingredients
1 can of solid white tuna in water
20 Kalamata olives, roughly chopped
1/2 c artichoke hearts, chopped (about 1 can)
1/4 c bell pepper
2 t light mayo
1 t lemon juice
1/4 t dried oregano
1/8 t pepper 

In a bowl, all ingredients until combined.  Serve over a few lettuce leaves and with a side of fruit.

Can't get much easier than that!  I make this ahead of time so I can eat it throughout the week.  Enjoy!  

1 comment: