Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Quick and Easy Dinner: Chicken and Shrimp Stir-fry

I love simple and easy dishes, especially when it comes to dinner.  Who wants to spend a lot of time cooking in the kitchen when you're tired from working all day?  This is a very simple recipe and it's delicious!  This recipe takes only about 5 minutes to make!

Chicken and Shrimp Stir-fry
2 servings

 Ingredients
1 1/2 c (3 oz.) uncooked soba noodles (find these in the Asian foods section)
1 T safflower oil (or a similar oil)
4 oz. raw chicken breast, sliced
1/2 c snow peas
1 c bean sprouts (I didn't have these in my pantry so I did without)
4 oz. peeled shrimp
1 t ground ginger
1 t garlic powder
1 t low-sodium tamari

Cook the noodles and set aside.  Typically, these noodles take about 5 minutes to cook:  boil the water, add the noodles, cook for 2 minutes, drain.  Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.  Add chicken and cook for a few minutes, then add snow peas, bean sprouts, and shrimp and cook for 1 or 2 minutes (be sure not to overcook your shrimp!).  Add ginger, garlic powder, and soy, stirring frequently.  Toss with noodles and split between two plates.

  • You can substitute brown rice for the soba noodles.
  • Tamari is gluten-free soy sauce, so if you don't have it, just use soy instead. 
  • I added some carrots so I could have more vegetables.  I used two whole carrots and sliced them.  When I cooked them, I added them in with the chicken.

1 comment: