Monday, August 15, 2016

Quick and Easy Snack: Almond Joy Protein Shake

Yes, you read that right:  Almond Joy!  I love desserts, and one way to avoid splurging on those treats every day is to have a shake that mimics the taste of the candies I desire.  I feel like a nut most of the time, so when I tasted this Almond Joy shake, I was way too happy about it.  It really does taste like the real thing (I promise!).

Almond Joy Protein Shake
1 serving


Ingredients
1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
1/2 c coconut milk (not from a can)
  3 t unsweetened shredded coconut
1 scoop chocolate Shakeology or protein powder
1 T almonds
 ice

Put all ingredients in a blender, blender to desired consistency, and enjoy!

You could use 1 c unsweetened almond milk to make this simpler.  

I like Bob's Red Mill Unsweetened Coconut, which you can find at most stores.

The more ice you add, the thicker the shake will be.  I typically use about 5 ice cubes (I went a bit overboard today!).
 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment